Tuesday, April 30--White Cell Count Higher

Today was sort of a big day when I went for the morning injection and labs. My white cell count was 1.02. They think I am close enough for the apheresis to start so they took me off the antibiotics and instructed me to stop taking 3 other oral medications I have been taking since the start of the chemo. I also received a pint of blood to get my hemoglobin level up. They said almost everybody has to receive blood or platelets during this process.
I saw a car in the parking garage today near where we parked that had TN tags and had been purchased in Bristol. I could not see the county marker because they had a tag mount that covered it. I also saw one nearby from Anderson county TN. It made me wonder if they were also Myeloma patients. We see car tags in the parking garage from all over the country. We also saw one today in the garage from Quebec, Canada.
The weather forecast here is to be at record lows by Thursday or Friday this week with the wind chill in the teens.