This blog is to keep our family and friends informed on how things are going while we are at the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences in Little Rock. Some people have asked why I choose to go all the way to Little Rock which is a 610 mile drive from home. UAMS has the Myeloma Institute of Research and Therapy. Here, they treat more people with Myeloma than any hospital in the world.
Wednesday, April 24--White Cell Count Lower
We made the two trips to the hospital for injections today. My white cell count had dropped even lower at 0.13. I was assured by the nurse this was expected. I had gotten a chemo injection yesterday and she said that would cause the further drop in the white cell count. I will have to get another one of those chemo injections tomorrow. I have felt today like I did Sunday but not as bad. I feel as though I have the flu but not running a fever.