Monday, May 6--Today Was A Turning Point

The APN called me this afternoon to let me know what the count had run on my stem cells. She said I still did not have enough stem cells for collection but she had a plan to fix that problem. She ordered two things: for me to start receiving another injection that will help in producing stem cells. That injection is the drug Mozobil and the cost is about $7,500 per injection. I will probably receive 4 injections. Hopefully it will solve the problem and I will have lots of stem cells to collect. She also told me was I was scheduled to have my ports changed out to the larger ports needed for the apheresis and then start the apheresis tomorrow morning at 7am. I did get the ports swapped. They pulled out the old port line that extended about 6 or 7 inches into my carotid artery and installed the larger one which also extended into my carotid artery. It was not a very pleasant experience because it felt like the doctor was pushing real hard with his thumb against the side of my throat or maybe installing a garden hose at my throat.
My white cell count today was 13.57, platelets 262.
We have been getting up at 5:45am so we can get to the hospital by 8am. Tomorrow and the next few days, we will have to get up at 4:45 so we can be there by 7am.
We both feel like we are making progress now.