Monday, April 15-- Day to Get Started

Monday morning, I had one port installed that had three lines to it. This allows blood to be drawn and the point where the two lines from the chemo pumps will be connected during the next 4 days. Also a port is used when some of the other medications are given. These ports are installed into the carotid artery at the neck and the other end of it ends up at the heart. I was pretty nervous about getting this installed. I am basically a real coward when it comes to things like this.

Later in the day, I got started on the chemo. I was given a black bag that looks like a camera bag with two bags of chemo inside and two pumps. I will be living with these all the time during the next 4 days. They are pumping continuously. The bag is so much like carrying my camera bag, I have started to put it in the trunk several times since I got it. I have to remember I am not out taking photos.