Sunday, April 28--Today Was a Better Day

I have felt much better today than I have in many days. I am very thankful for that. We made the two trips to the hospital today for the same tests and ivs as I had in the days previous. My white cell count had increased to 0.12 but my hemoglobin and platelets had dropped again. They tell me this is normal and part of the process the chemo causes. They say I will probably have to receive blood and platelets before I leave here. I am really hoping that I don't have to have receive them. I am doing what I can to help such as eating high iron and protein foods.
There are some wonderful nurses that have helped us since we have been here. I am so thankful there are people like that in this world. I am proud to say my two sweet grand nieces are both becoming nurses.

I am editing the original entry for today and adding this comment after my original post. I had been told that the hair on my head would start coming out but nothing had happened so far. Tonight when I was doing my nightly hair wash, I was shocked to find it was coming out in big bunches. Yes, I had been told it would happen and I was expecting it but I was still shocked  to actually see it. I am planning to get Reta to cut it short with some electric clippers tomorrow so it not be such a problem as it continues to come out.