Sunday, June 9--White Count Even Lower Today

We made the two trips to the hospital today for the growth factor injections. This was day 6 of the injections. I just don't know where the bottom level is on my white cell count. My numbers today were: white cell count-0.08, hemoglobin-8.5, platelets-41. I keep wondering how much lower my white count will go. The doctor did not expect it to go this low since this was a weaker chemo treatment on this round but, as so many people have told me here, no two people are alike especially when it comes to treating myeloma. Our days are pretty uneventful since I cannot be around people. We go to the hospital then return to the apartment and stay there until the next time we have to be at the hospital. If we go to the grocery store, Reta goes in and I wait in the car. That repeats each day. Reta said it was like in the movie "Ground Hog Day" where they kept repeating the same thing every day. There are no off days since we go 7 days a week. I am looking ahead to better times. They will come.