This blog is to keep our family and friends informed on how things are going while we are at the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences in Little Rock. Some people have asked why I choose to go all the way to Little Rock which is a 610 mile drive from home. UAMS has the Myeloma Institute of Research and Therapy. Here, they treat more people with Myeloma than any hospital in the world.
Monday, June 10-- Can This Mean My White Count Has Reached The Bottom?
My white cell count may have now reached the bottom and is starting back up. If this round of chemo follows the same pattern as the first round, today's result may show it is recovering. The white count gained .01 from yesterday. I was happy that it did not drop more. My counts today were: White cell count-0.09, hemoglobin-8.1 and platelets- 29. Since my hemoglobin was low, I received another unit of blood today. We were at the hospital today about 5.5 hours. Something I found interesting - I thought I would pass it along. They have recently started using arsenic here in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma.