Thursday, May 2--Change in Injections

We spent a much longer day at the hospital. We were there from 8am until 2:30pm. They decided to double the growth factor injections of Neupogen. Instead of getting two injections a day, I will receive four injections per day. Today I received another unit of blood. They want my hemoglobin to be higher when I go for the stem cell harvest so that is the reason for the infusion of blood. I continued to receive the Lovenox injection to prevent any unwanted clotting. Since we were there late enough from the morning appointment, they went ahead and gave me the evening injections so that saved us making another trip back to the hospital at 4pm. The APN thinks my ProCOUNT will be high enough tomorrow that they will replace the existing port that runs into my carotid artery to the larger port needed in preparation for the stem cell harvest. I kind of dread them making that change.  My white cell count today was 4.98 and platelets 141.