Friday, May 3--Counts Better But Not Good Enough

My blood counts were up again today. The white cell count was 8.65 and the platelets were 141. I received the 4 Neupogen injections today but my stem cell count was still not high enough to go for the collection. They thought I would be going to get the ports changed out today but I never got the call to come and get that done. That call would come from a doctor in the apheresis department when he determines I have enough stem cells for harvest. I am getting a bit concerned that my stem cell count is not going up as it should be. This is the 13th day I have been taking the Neupogen growth factor injections. I hope that happens before Monday. I did not receive the Lovenox injection today in preparation for swapping out the ports.
Reta and I both are really wanting to get this done and wanting to get back home. These two trips to the hospital each day are starting to make us wish this was over.