Thursday, May 9--More Collection

We went for stem cell collection again today. They collected 1.1 million that makes a total of 3.8 million. We go tomorrow and that will end the collection process. We will see the doctor tomorrow to get instructions on what to do next. As far as I know, I will get the port removed also tomorrow. The doctor might direct otherwise so we won't know for sure until we see her. My white cell count today was 19.47 and platelets were 105. The apheresis removes some of the platelets so that is the reason for the drop in the count. I got the three injections of Neupogen and one injection of Mozobil today. That was the last injection of Mozobil I will receive and I should receive the last injection of Neupogen tomorrow morning before the apheresis.
Tonight we went to a question and answer session given by the Myeloma head doctor at MIRT (Dr. Barlogie) and it was very informative about treatments and advancements in treatments.
I want to thank family and friends back home for all your support and love through all this. We have all the cards set out so I can read them (and I do) when I need an uplift. I can honestly say, I never knew that meant so much until I experienced it. One wonderful friend of ours has sent at least one note everyday with such encouraging words. Today, something in a note was really significant to me. That was: "Whatever you harvest, it will be all you need. God will take care of you".

On a less serious note, I thought I would include a photo of an East Tennessee punkin head hooked up to an apheresis machine. When tomorrow is finished, I will have spent 800 minutes this week hooked to this machine.