Tuesday, June 18--Increased Neupogen Injections Today

They increased the amount of Neupogen I get in the growth factor injections starting with my evening injections today. The increase was from 480 mcg twice a day to 780 mcg twice a day. I expect that will make things happen at a faster rate. I still don't know when I will be getting the ports changed out or when I will be going for collection. I expected originally I would be finished with the whole process by now. Today we met up with some friends from back home. He is also a Multiple Myeloma patient here at UAMS. We enjoyed spending some time with them and talking over things. My white cell count was-2.98, hemoglobin-8.4, platelets-98.
We were looking forward to being home this weekend to attend the wedding of our wonderful friends, Wayne and Peggy. It looks like it is not going to be possible to be home by then and we are very disappointed.